"I have been privileged to call the Emerald Coast my home many times over the years, however, it wasn’t until 2003 after I graduated from college that I moved back to the area temporarily (or so I thought at the time).
In 2003 I lived in Destin and it wasn’t until 2008 that I had the opportunity to move back to Niceville (an entire 3.2 miles north). I know what your thinking, 'that doesn’t make that much of a difference,' but it makes the world of difference if you ask the local residents.
When I talk about the Emerald Coast. I also mean the many wonderful towns that make up our area: Niceville, Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, Valparaiso, Miramar Beach, Okaloosa Island and the list goes on extensively.
The reasons I love Niceville are not the obvious ones like:
- The hometown feel (where everyone waves and smiles to greet you).
- The bay which besides being stunningly beautiful it opens the way for activities like boating, paddle boarding, jet-skiing, sailing, scuba diving, fishing and so so much more.
- People from all over the planet come visit and live here. A unique spirit.
- The epic sunsets and views.
- The sounds of Freedom. Home to one of the largest land mass bases in the US. Currently, it hosts the 96th Test Wing which is the evaluation center for the Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Command systems.
- Entertainment. Ok, the list is lengthy here, but this includes tons of outdoor activities as well as everything else you can imagine doing with or without the kids.
- The Gulf.
- Friendly people.
The list can go to infinity and most people will agree with it. The reason I love Niceville though is… the people."
- Ginny Lee Deptula
“The location and the large lot size are my favorite parts of living in Swift Creek. It’s a five-minute drive to the high school and middle school. Since our kids are active it makes the trips back and forth to the after school activities and school functions a breeze. Also, the large lot size provides for us privacy for backyard BBQ’s for the dogs to run and play.”
- Brian Walsh, Resident
“I love how close we are to the beach, yet we are still far enough that we have our small town feel. Niceville has everything you want in a hometown, with Destin just across the bridge you can “feel” like your on vacation with white sand beaches and emerald waters. We love living here in Niceville.”
- Irma Temples
“Such a great place to raise our kids. Friendly people, community involvement and the schools are rated in the top of Florida.”
- C Smith
“Wide variety of people from all walks of life reside in Niceville, thanks to Eglin Airforce base, Duke Field, and Hurlburt Field. This brings plenty of independently owned businesses with a wide diversity of products.”
- Bud Thomas
“Most of our time is spent with kids activities now, of which there are endless options (dance, swimming, karate, football, soccer), etc.”
- Ron W.